Why not let your love of wine go to a great cause?
You can help two families move into homeownership with Habitat for Humanity in the Foothills
The Foothills Chapter of Habitat for Humanity will use proceeds from our Wine Survivor Contest to build our second affordable housing duplex in the Foothills.
To play Wine Survivor, each entrant will purchase a $20 entry ticket and provide a minimum $19.99 bottle of wine for the draw. Entry tickets and wine can be purchased at either the High River or Okotoks Co-op Wine Spirits Beer stores or alternately, via online ticket.
If you purchase a ticket online, the Habitat for Humanity Foothills Chapter will purchase the wine on your behalf at the High River or Okotoks Co-op Wine Spirits Beer stores, complete the entry ticket on your behalf, and provide a scanned copy of your entry ticket to the email address provided on the ticket.
There will be three elimination draws as follows:
1. Elimination Round One on Monday Nov 7, 2016
- 1/3 of the entry tickets will be eliminated, with the last ticket pulled in Round One winning 10% of the wine collected at entry, rounded to the nearest full bottle.
- Minimum prize during Round One is 6 bottles of wine.
2. Elimination Round Two on Monday Nov 14, 2016
- 1/3 of the entry tickets will be eliminated, with the last ticket pulled in Round Two winning 10% of the wine collected at entry, rounded to the nearest full bottle.
- Minimum prize during Round Two is 6 bottles of wine.
3. Elimination Round Three on Monday Nov 21, 2016
- Remaining 1/3 entry tickets will be eliminated, with the last ticket pulled winning 80% of the wine collected at entry, rounded to the nearest full bottle.
- Minimum prize during Round Three will be 52 bottles of wine.
There is no cash prize.
- Contest rules will be posted on www.habitatsouthernab.ca
- You must be at least 18 years of age to enter the contest.
- Beginning at the open of business on October 24, 2016, a maximum of 320 entries will be accepted until November 4, 2016 close of business (the Entry Period).
- If you enter the contest at either the High River or Okotoks Co-op Wine Sprits Beer Stores, you must also complete an entry ticket and pay the $20 entry fee in cash only. Co-op will attach a printed receipt to each bottle of purchased wine to verify the purchase price.
a. Entry fee is $20 cash plus a bottle of wine with a minimum price of $19.99 (before taxes and bottle deposit). If the wine is on sale for less than $19.99, it will not be eligible. If the wine is on sale for $19.99 and it is regularly $29.99, it is eligible.
- If you enter the contest through Habitat for Humanity’s online fundraising platform, a member of the Habitat for Humanity Foothills Chapter will complete your entry ticket on your behalf, purchase the wine on your behalf at either the High River or Okotoks Co-op Wine Spirits Beer store and email you a scanned copy of your entry ticket to the email address provided upon entry.
- Co-op Wine Spirits Beer stores are acting in the capacity of Official Retailer and hold no responsibility in ensuring the rules are explained to the contest entrants.
- The amount of wine to be won will be determined based on the number of entrants who purchase entry tickets during the Entry Period.
- You agree to provide your first initial, last name, contact phone number and email address on the entry ticket.
- Elimination Draw Dates will take place at the Okotoks Co-op Wine Spirits Beer store location as follows:
a. Elimination Round One: Monday November 7, 2016 at 4 p.m.
b. Elimination Round Two: Monday November 14, 2016 at 4 p.m.
c. Final Elimination Round: Monday November 21, 2016 at 4 p.m.
- The Foothills Chapter will publish eliminated and winning ticket numbers on our Facebook page. Search Facebook for “Habitat for Humanity Foothills District”.
- The three winning entries will be notified by a phone call to the phone number registered on the entry ticket and by one email to the email address registered on the ticket entry.
- The wine will be delivered to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners as long as the winners live within a 75 km radius of Calgary. The winner will be responsible for shipping charges otherwise.
For more information please contact us at: FHInfo@habitatsouthernab.ca
The Wine Survivor Raffle is being conducted under AGLC licence #443282.